Friday, February 22, 2013

How do I add an FTP user with a Linux command?

Q. I need to write a PHP script that automatically adds FTP users. I can use the system() function to run a Linux command, but I don't know how to create a new FTP user. Any help here?
I don't own the server, I've purchased a reseller plan.

A. When you say add an ftp user, I assume that you wouldn't want the person to be able to log in to a shell on the system. FTP users are just like any other linux user. Use the adduser(sometimes called useradd) command and pay attention to the --shell switch (set to /bin/false)

how to open a url from linux command line?
Q. I want to run a url from the linux command lline. So, please help me with the command.

A. You could use lynx or links. Both are text-based browsers.

Alternatively, you could use wget which will retrieve the url you pass to it.

How do I edit a text using linux command line mode?
Q. I need to edit a text file but I dont know how do you do it using linux in command line mode.

Thanks!

A. pico or nano are good choices for a novice. emacs or vi for an expert



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment