Sunday, January 20, 2013

Which is the smallest Linux distro which can read ntfs partitions?

Q. I need to recover some files from my windows installation using a linux live cd. I have some imp documents in c: which i need to copy into a pen drive. Which will be the most suitable linux for this purpose?

A. You could use Puppy linux.
You could also use a Windows "live cd" such as Bart's PE.

How can I install Linux Mint 7 on a net book?
Q. Please help! I am not happy with Windows XP and want to switch over to Linux Mint 7. The problem is, that I have a net book and do not know how to install Linux without a CD-Drive. Can I install it using a pen drive/ external hard drive? Please give me a detailed informatory paragraph with the exact steps.

A. Here is a link to how to install linux mint without a cd drive. You could run mint from the usb or do what they call a frugal install.
Did you check to see if the specs for the netbook are adequate for linux mint, or any other full linux distro?
You may need to use a linux distro that is customized for the netbook. Here ar some links that discuss various distros for the netbook
Good luck

How can I keep my programming lab away from viruses?
Q. I maintain a undergraduate basic computer programming lab.

There are thirty windows PCs. No Internet connections.

Students are allowed to use USB pen drives. So spreading of virus is a common problem. But since Internet is not available, anti-virus software are not used because of the unavailability of frequent update.

Linux is not an option. This is because, we need to run windows-based software.

So what can I do to prevent the spreading of viruses?

A. Disable autorun for USB.

Microsoft also makes a product where all the computers boot from a stable known image on every reboot.

You can also put update detection for many anti-virus programs on a disk and update from that.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment